Re: DECLARE doesn't set/reset sqlca after DECLARE cursor

From: Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Boszormenyi Zoltan <zb(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Cc: PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Hans-Juergen Schoenig <hs(at)cybertec(dot)at>
Subject: Re: DECLARE doesn't set/reset sqlca after DECLARE cursor
Date: 2009-08-14 07:59:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 13, 2009 at 05:55:53PM +0200, Boszormenyi Zoltan wrote:
> Okay, so it's a declarative command. But if we're in a function,
> we should still emit a call to ecpg_init, to be able to follow

No, either it is declarative or it is not, but I don't see a reason for
different behaviour depending on where the command is located.

> the Informix behaviour. We can limit it it compat mode, though.

So let's first figure out exactly how Informix handles things. Zoltan, do you
have access to esql the Informix precompiler? If so, please run two simple
tests, one with just a DECLARE statement and one with a DECLARE statement in a
function and post the results please.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
ICQ: 179140304, AIM/Yahoo/Skype: michaelmeskes, Jabber: meskes(at)jabber(dot)org