Re: Sourceforge PG release

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Jaime Casanova <jcasanov(at)systemguards(dot)com(dot)ec>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim(at)gunduz(dot)org>, PostgreSQL www <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Sourceforge PG release
Date: 2009-07-06 21:13:34
Lists: pgsql-www

What is the harm in keeping it? Doesn't Google use 'relevant links
metrics' to improve search results or something? If the sf.net project
just points to our own files, and we don't have to upload anything ...
what is the issue?

On Mon, 6 Jul 2009, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Jaime Casanova wrote:
>> On Sun, Jul 5, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Dave Page<dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Fwiw, i think having an sf.net project is a *bad* idea anyway. It's
>>> confusing for people who find that project and don't realise it's not
>>> actually used for anything. It seems a strange thing to maintain
>>> anyway - it's not exactly likely to attract new users.
>>>

>> yeah! i was wondering about the very same thing... what's the
>> usefulness for maintaining a sf.net project?
>
> I don't know, but as long as it exists we should keep it current. Do we
> want to remove it?
>
> --
> Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> http://momjian.us
> EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com
>
> + If your life is a hard drive, Christ can be your backup. +

----
Email . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org MSN . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Yahoo . yscrappy Skype: hub.org ICQ . 7615664