BUG #4836: Losing data

From: "Haitham Isac" <isac(at)unhcr(dot)org>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #4836: Losing data
Date: 2009-06-03 12:38:25
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 4836
Logged by: Haitham Isac
Email address: isac(at)unhcr(dot)org
PostgreSQL version: 8.3.1
Operating system: Windows Server 2003 SP2
Details:

Dear PostgreSQL team,

We are UNHCR (United Nations High Commissioner For Refugees - Iraq
Operations Office in Amman) have interest in using PostgreSQL for couple of
databases in our office. All of these databases are using MS Access as FE
and PSQL as BE.

This system is up and running pretty well except for a problem we face on
occasional basis which is losing random records from random tables (i.e.
doesn't follow a particular theme). This is happening for records that had
been entered weeks ago and then all of a sudden they are not there any
more.

Could you please advise.

Many thanks

Haitham Isac