Re: psql with "Function Type" in \df

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, PG Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: psql with "Function Type" in \df
Date: 2009-04-21 15:51:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers

David Fetter wrote:

> > The "translator: " comment needs to be in the line just above the
> > string. Right now the PO file looks like this:
> >
> > #: describe.c:243 describe.c:288 describe.c:304
> > msgid "agg"
> > msgstr ""
> >
> > #. translator: "agg" is short for "aggregate"
> > #: describe.c:244
> > msgid "window"
> > msgstr ""
> >

> > Note really what we want ...
>
> Is this any better?

Modified patch applied. I modified the \? display to be two lines:

\df[S+] [PATTERN] list functions
\df[antwS+] [PATTERN] list only agg/normal/trigger/window functions

and adjusted the code and documentation a bit. I removed the
release.sgml patch because that part will be done when the release notes
are updated and I was worried it might confuse things to add it now.

Thanks, the output looks very good.

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com

Attachment Content-Type Size
/rtmp/diff text/x-diff 16.5 KB