Re: Remote Connection

From: Alan Hodgson <ahodgson(at)simkin(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Remote Connection
Date: 2009-02-12 23:18:39
Lists: pgsql-general

On Thursday 12 February 2009, "Bob Pawley" <rjpawley(at)shaw(dot)ca> wrote:
> I also ran - listen virtual; on the receiving server.
>
> It hasn't connected successfully. I get the message 'Server not
> listening'
>
> What else can I do??

Setup PostgreSQL on the server to listen on its external interface. Adjust
the firewall settings if necessary. Learn how to use netstat, telnet,
iptables and tcpdump (or equivalents on your choice of OS) to figure out
which step is missing.

--
Even a sixth-grader can figure out that you can’t borrow money to pay off
your debt