Re: Updated backslash consistency patch

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>
Cc: Grzegorz Jaskiewicz <gj(at)pointblue(dot)com(dot)pl>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Updated backslash consistency patch
Date: 2009-02-01 14:21:18
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* David Fetter (david(at)fetter(dot)org) wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 04:54:08AM +0000, Grzegorz Jaskiewicz wrote:
> >>
> >> +1 for fixing that.
> >
> > was it that easy, or I got it wrong?
> >
> > :)
>
> I think Stephen meant that they should add a column to the output.
> Stephen?

It was, but that was before the output-as-table changes were done. It
looks like when those were committed, 'Cannot login' was added as an
attribute. Having 'Can login' (as this patch proposes) seems reasonable
to me.

On a side note, I have to say that I'm not exactly thrilled with the new
table-\du, especially since the List of roles isn't set up to break
across lines cleanly.

So if you have alot of roles granted, and even a couple attributes, it
gets ugly..

Stephen