Re: Need idea for a web framework for NLS site

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need idea for a web framework for NLS site
Date: 2008-12-30 18:44:36
Lists: pgsql-www

Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> And if nothing else, there is *nothing* else that I can think of that
> meats the low tech standard and can be managed by more than one person.

I think "more than one person" does not mean "any random guy round the
corner", it means "somebody else from the team, preferrably people who
is already is charge of the website".

Note that there are a total of 3 static pages (which can be done with
plain HTML as far as I'm concerned, though Peter might disagree; but
since they change so rarely I fail to see the point of anything much
more elaborate) and one page with a bunch of tables which is currently
generated by, I think, a mix of shell + perl.

I think this last page is the one giving trouble. I'd suggest dumping
the list of languages and numbers in some easy-to-generate format (say
YAML or JSON) and reading that to generate the static tables using a
basic template and a plain Perl or PHP program.