Re: [Cert] Translations

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
To: Mario Ruiz <mario(dot)ruiz(at)alerce(dot)com(dot)au>
Cc: Santiago Zarate <santiago(at)zarate(dot)net(dot)ve>, Guido Barosio <gbarosio(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-es-ayuda <pgsql-es-ayuda(at)postgresql(dot)org>, cert(at)lists(dot)postgresqlcertification(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Cert] Translations
Date: 2008-11-24 21:55:02
Lists: pgsql-es-ayuda

Mario Ruiz escribió:

> Happy to help anytime, Espanol/Ingles/Castellano.
>
> We can quickly establish a team and get going.

I keep wondering if we're doing things right on this front. We have a
team working on error message translation. We have another team working
on Win32 installer translation. Another one for phpPgAdmin. Another
one for pgAdmin. Now there's a translation team for the certification
stuff.

Shouldn't we try to unite efforts?

Now I know that some people will say to me: "you're wrong to try to mix
groups, because the current situation is working fine!" But I disagree
that it works fine; I have never heard from the phpPgAdmin translators
or the pgAdmin translators. Are we all being consistent with the
terminology, for example?

Maybe the certification group is OK to be separate because the task is
so obviously different, but what about the others?

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/3BP7BYG9PUGI8
"Para tener más hay que desear menos"