Backend timeout

From: Dragan Ciric <dragan(dot)ciric(at)a-asoft(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Backend timeout
Date: 2008-09-16 13:21:48
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi!

We need some help.
Sometimes we have broken connections with backend ( postgresql server ).
When this occurs, we have "idle in transaction" indication on server side. Can you
answer us, how long will server stay in this state and what happens with this
broken connection ( client started transaction, but can't send commit or rollback )?

Thanks in advance,
--
Dragan Ciric