Re: NDirectFileRead and Write

From: ITAGAKI Takahiro <itagaki(dot)takahiro(at)oss(dot)ntt(dot)co(dot)jp>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: NDirectFileRead and Write
Date: 2008-09-16 01:56:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Here is a revised patch to renewal NDirectFileRead/Write.

> > * Let's rename them BufFileReadCount and BufFileWriteCount to reflect
> > their actual purpose.
> > * In any case I agree that the current arrangement
> > with execdebug.h declaring variables defined in bufmgr.c is just weird.

- NDirectFile{Read|Write} are renamed to BufFile{Read|Write}Count.
- They are still declared in execdebug.h and buffile.c includes it.

I did not touch messages in ShowBufferUsage() in the patch.
I think it still has meaning because BufFile counters are
kinds of direct block access.

> ShowBufferUsage()
> ! Shared blocks: ...
> ! Local blocks: ...
> ! Direct blocks: <R> read, <W> written

Regards,
---
ITAGAKI Takahiro
NTT Open Source Software Center

Attachment Content-Type Size
BufFileCount.patch application/octet-stream 3.9 KB