Re: select command doesnot work

From: "Leif B(dot) Kristensen" <leif(at)solumslekt(dot)org>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: select command doesnot work
Date: 2008-07-08 12:12:42
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tuesday 8. July 2008, Long Cui wrote:
>HI
>
>I installed Postgresql 8.3.3 in windows XP, try to input some commands
> in windows command prompt. The create, update and insert command
> work all right, just select command.got the error message: "more" is
> not internal or external command, not runnable program or bat file.
> Why did I input like "mydb => select * from .....;" but PG suppose
> what I enter is "more"?
>
>thanks for help

Obviously, the XP version of psql uses the command "more" for paging the
output when it's too big to show in a single page. As I'm using Linux
myself, I can't give you any specific advice, but it appears that the
command "more" for some reason is not found in the path of your system.
That's a little strange, as "more" has been part of the MS toolbox
since the Stone Age of DOS.

Me And My Database: http://solumslekt.org/blog/
My Jazz Jukebox: http://www.last.fm/user/leifbk/