Re: keyword list/ecpg

From: Mike Aubury <mike(dot)aubury(at)aubit(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: keyword list/ecpg
Date: 2008-06-13 14:53:03
Lists: pgsql-hackers

The same as happens at the moment - nothing...

The grammer for the ecpg needs to be re-generated when the grammer in the main
parser is changed - whether its a manual or (mostly) automatic task is
largely irrelevant.

The only downside is that if its not regenerated then the change to gram.y
simply wont be reflected in the grammer for ecpg.

I personally think its down to the ecpg developers (of which I believe Michael
is the main developer) to decide when to do this and to check that its
worked.

Its just otherwise - there could be a serious case for 'unintended
consequences'...

Just my 2 pence worth...

--
Mike Aubury

http://www.aubit.com/
Aubit Computing Ltd is registered in England and Wales, Number: 3112827
Registered Address : Clayton House,59 Piccadilly,Manchester,M1 2AQ