Re: Proposal: pulling newsbytes from www.pgfoundry.org

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Subject: Re: Proposal: pulling newsbytes from www.pgfoundry.org
Date: 2008-06-12 17:22:17
Lists: pgsql-www

Guys,

> Special attention should be limited specifically to community. That is
> how you are going to drive a larger community, by reinforcing the
> community itself. Not by becoming advertising space.

Can we *please* get back on topic here? Absolutely none of this is relevant
to a pgfoundry feed.

First, I wasn't proposing merging pgfoundry news with *events* (which only has
3 slots) but with *news* (which has 6). Right now, 3 of those slots are
taken up by commercial products; don't you think it's fair that pgFoundry
projects should bump them? If we have a problem with core release
announcements scrolling off too fast, isn't that a *code* problem for the WWW
team to solve?

The pgfoundry team can easily regulate the volume of pgfoundry traffic that
gets passed on.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun