Re: IM

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: IM
Date: 2008-05-09 12:37:34
Lists: pgsql-www

Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Josh Berkus wrote:

> > Bizarre. It's pretty regular. Happens to me pretty much every day
> > -- I get kicked off and can't login again for 20min or so.
>
> It doesn't happen to me either. What does happen, is that if I'm for
> some reason kicked off the network itself (say the WWAN drops or
> something like that), I get kicked off for 20 mins or so (error saying
> something about "conflict"). But as long as my own local network
> connection is stable, I don't get kicked off.

I have seen this "conflict" error too. I think it happens when the
server thinks your previous connection is still open. My guess is that
those 20 minutes are the time it takes to notice it's gone -- maybe a
keepalive timeout or something like that.

As for the kicks, I guess someone should check the logs.