Re: IM

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: IM
Date: 2008-05-09 14:07:30
Lists: pgsql-www

On Friday 09 May 2008 08:37:34 Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Magnus Hagander wrote:
> > Josh Berkus wrote:
> > > Bizarre. It's pretty regular. Happens to me pretty much every day
> > > -- I get kicked off and can't login again for 20min or so.
> >
> > It doesn't happen to me either. What does happen, is that if I'm for
> > some reason kicked off the network itself (say the WWAN drops or
> > something like that), I get kicked off for 20 mins or so (error saying
> > something about "conflict"). But as long as my own local network
> > connection is stable, I don't get kicked off.
>
> I have seen this "conflict" error too. I think it happens when the
> server thinks your previous connection is still open. My guess is that
> those 20 minutes are the time it takes to notice it's gone -- maybe a
> keepalive timeout or something like that.

Yes, conflict mean you are logged onto the network already (or at least it
thinks you are). Now I *think* there is a way to configure the server to boot
off existing connections when you attempt to login again rather than refuse
the new attempt; not sure of that, but it might be worth looking into.

--
Robert Treat