Re: Regression test fails when BLCKSZ is 1kB

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)sun(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Regression test fails when BLCKSZ is 1kB
Date: 2008-04-21 12:25:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Am Montag, 21. April 2008 schrieb Zdenek Kotala:
> I compiled postgreSQL with 1kB block size and regresion test fails. Main
> problem is that output is correct but in different order. See attachment.

This was previously reported:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-11/msg00901.php

> I think affected test should contain order by keyword.

For previously established reasons, we don't want to add ORDER BY clauses to
every test that might fail under exceptional circumstances so we test all
plan types equally. I think very small block sizes are fairly exceptional,
unless you have a reason up your sleeve why they are a good idea.