Re: pg_terminate_backend() issues

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_terminate_backend() issues
Date: 2008-04-15 23:59:34
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Here is a little different idea. Seems we want something more like:
>
> Yeah, I thought about building a set of macros that would have this
> ability folded in, but it didn't seem like much notational advantage
> given that you have to write the cleanup routine out-of-line anyway.

Yea, agreed. I am a little worried about the out-of-line issue because
some cases might become more complex because you have to pass lots of
parameters, perhaps.

> Also, until we have a lot more than three use-sites, more macros
> don't seem to be worth the trouble.

Oh, only three use sites. I thought we had three wrong sites but that
more had to be changed. Yea, go for it!

EnterpriseDB http://enterprisedb.com