Re: Commit fest queue

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, Tom Dunstan <pgsql(at)tomd(dot)cc>, PostgreSQL Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Commit fest queue
Date: 2008-04-10 14:23:51
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 10:15:29 -0400
Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com> wrote:

> > I don't think so because it really isn't a change from what we have
> > now. There isn't much difference from having a wiki page versus just
> > having conversations on the patch list and moving email around.
>
> If you don't think it's a change, I claim you haven't used either :-P

I admit, I didn't use the wiki page because I got tired of trying to
figure out which page, or list I should be looking at. I was still get
js-kit replies from Bruces pages this week.

Someone, anyone should be able to look exactly one place for the
information required to process a patch. Of course we still have cvs
etc.. but nobody on this list or new to the community should ever say
to themselves, "Which page am I supposed to go to? What list am I
supposed to reply to now that I have feedback? Oh, I am supposed to go
over to this wiki? Then what?"

You should be able to say, "Hey here is the history of the patch for
materialized views" and then 30 hours later say, "Phew.... large patch
but here is my feedback"

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake