Re: [Pgweb] r2038 - trunk/portal/tools/pwn

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [Pgweb] r2038 - trunk/portal/tools/pwn
Date: 2008-04-08 16:32:27
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, 8 Apr 2008 16:20:32 -0000
"Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg(at)turnstep(dot)com> wrote:

> Wow, David Fetter and others provides this valuable service, as
> volunteers, with practically no thanks, and you want to complain
> about the name he uses? That's incredibly petty. Have there been
> complaints from people confused about which project he is
> writing about each week?

I don't think (at least I am not) questioning the amount of effort that
is put in to PWN. However the arguments here are not about PWN, they
are about the representation of our project and how it is presented to
our users. The name of this project is PostgreSQL and we should be
using the official name.

It could be just as easily said that it is particularly offensive
that someone would so easily discount the official name of the project
that so many of our contributors put our time into at no cost.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake