Re: BUG #4025: wsock32.dll not found

From: "Magnus Hagander" <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: "James" <jzhou(at)practicepartner(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #4025: wsock32.dll not found
Date: 2008-03-12 08:25:55
Lists: pgsql-bugs

> Bug reference: 4025
> Logged by: James
> Email address: jzhou(at)practicepartner(dot)com
> PostgreSQL version: 8.3.0.1
> Operating system: winXP
> Details:
>
> when installation reach initdb stage, it shows can not init the database , '
> WSOCK32.DLL' not found, reinstall the application might fix the problem. '

This is a windows error, and not a postgresql one. We just ask for it, even the error message is from windows.

If wsock32 can't be loaded, you have a big problem on your system. It could be many thingt - permissions, antivirus, firewall, etc.

You will have tol investigate that at the OS level, and contact your support there if you can't find it yourself.

/Magnus