Re: We should get active ...

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>, Cédric Villemain <cedric(dot)villemain(at)dalibo(dot)com>, Susanne Ebrecht <miracee(at)miracee(dot)de>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: We should get active ...
Date: 2008-02-25 16:07:05
Lists: pgeu-general

On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 07:50:44AM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 15:35:28 +0000
> "Dave Page" <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org> wrote:
>

> > > About other tools like cvs/svn etc... I assume it is for some
> > > material like documentation, flyers, design, ... ? I personnaly
> > > don't care, but living cvs will not affect me :)
> >
> > For flyers etc. we should probably create a pgfoundry project. That
> > gives us the ability to track issues, source control and ad-hoc
> > mailing lists for discussing specific projects.
>
> May I humbly suggest that this type of thing be handled
> internationally? For Fosdem I provided (I don't know if it was used or
> not) the CD label and the Flyer/Poster.

Yeah, we used them. I modified your poster a bit and Magnus brought
along some printouts. Koen printed the CD labels.

Thank you for the files/templates.

> There is no reason to duplicate efforts all of the marketing material
> across the board is useful. Although we may have to translate some.

I already submitted my pdfs for the genera english flyer to pgfoundry:

http://pgfoundry.org/projects/press/

But i have to say: the company who printed the flyers for me did a
very good job. The resulting flyer looks much better than the source
pdf.

Kind regards

--
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum