Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan

From: "Jan Wieck" <JanWieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Brendan Jurd" <direvus(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: "Markus Bertheau" <mbertheau(dot)pg(at)googlemail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL 8.4 development plan
Date: 2008-02-09 21:58:00
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I wonder if the efforts to provide mirrors for many different systems can hurt later down the road. It is pretty obvious that amost every current system has options to convert from or to mirror a CVS repository. But what if we someday really want to use something else as the master repository? Are we ready to accept losing unsupported mirrors at that time, or will that actually influence the choice (I think that it should not ... but I can hear the outcry already).

Jan