Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com, damien(at)dalibo(dot)info, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes
Date: 2008-01-13 22:45:05
Lists: pgeu-general

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 02:24:39PM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
> >On 13/01/2008, Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com> wrote:
> >>Ciao Dave,
>
> >Otherwise, only the countries with no group of their own (ie. the
> >direct membership you propose) could vote.
>
> Why not just have individual membership in the spirit of SPI?

I go with this for several reasons:

- Why should someone be blocked if he wants to be member in both groups?
- What about elections, does a country like france now has one
single vote or has every .fr member a vote for eu elections?

For the fee: my student organization has a similar rule in the statues.
Every year the annual meeting redefines the membership fee for each
student to 0,00 Euro. No problem. We can have an equal rule as example
for members in more than one group.

Kind regards

--
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum