Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes

From: Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads(at)pgug(dot)de>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>, gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com, damien(at)dalibo(dot)info, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Release Candidate of the PostgreSQL Europe association statutes
Date: 2008-01-13 22:34:06
Lists: pgeu-general

Hello,

On Sun, Jan 13, 2008 at 02:09:06PM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum wrote:
>
> >>Normal users would join their regional group, such as PostgreSQLFr or
> >>the Italian PUG, and pay the appropriate membership.
> >
> >What about the many countries without regional associations?
> >Not even germany has a group or is forming one. What about UK?
>
> I thought Germany was organized through:
>
> http://www.ffis.de/Verein/spenden.html

No. That's an organization to assist Free Software. Susanne Ebrecht
organized that all money for german PG is going to this group and they
support us, if we need something. But i don't think, there's much
process here.

In any case i would be more happy to redirect possible sponsors to an EU
PG group.

Kind regards

--
Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum