Re: high-availability on MS Windows cluster -- need insights

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: high-availability on MS Windows cluster -- need insights
Date: 2007-12-27 17:31:25
Lists: pgsql-admin

On Thu, Dec 27, 2007 at 07:45:36AM -0800, George, Harry G wrote:
> A user asked for help re high-availability on MS Windows. While I'm

Well, the first thing to do is define what you mean by "high availability".
There's a good discussion of this in the manual. The manual does not,
however, go over all the options you might have; so once you've determined
which problem(s) you're trying to solve, we might be able to help you :)

> Notice: This communication may contain sensitive information. If you

[&c.] Just to warn you, there are some people around here who are very
sensitive tot hese sorts of automatic corporate-policy footers. If you can
disable it for sending to the list, that'd be good. (If you can get your
legal department to understand why it's bad to append such things in a
public posting, even better.)