high-availability on MS Windows cluster -- need insights

From: "George, Harry G" <harry(dot)g(dot)george(at)boeing(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: high-availability on MS Windows cluster -- need insights
Date: 2007-12-27 15:45:36
Lists: pgsql-admin

I'm looking for someone to help me understand the
tradeoffs/alternatives/problems for high-availability on MS Windows
clusters. Willing to do it on this emaillist, but if that is too much
traffic, can go direct email or phone.

I'm not actually the end-user/DBA for the task. I'm (among other
tasks) the Boeing OSS Toolkit product manager. Postgresql is one of
the (currently) 500 packages. I provide support for selection,
build/install/configure/use on a variety of UNIX and Linux systems, from
laptops to mainframes, plus (usually binary) installs on various MS
Windows systems.

A user asked for help re high-availability on MS Windows. While I'm
semi-competent with postgresql on single machines, I'm no cluster guru
and only do MS Windows under duress. After some searching and reading,
I asked for help on comp.databases.postgresql, where I was redirected to
this maillist.

Harry George harry(dot)g(dot)george(at)boeing(dot)com 425-717-7403
Notice: This communication may contain sensitive information. If you
are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this
communication in error, do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or
otherwise use the information. Respond to the sender that you have
received this e-mail in error, and delete the copy you received.