Re: Fix pg_dump dependency on postgres.h

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
Cc: PostgreSQL-patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Fix pg_dump dependency on postgres.h
Date: 2007-11-06 16:58:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> Attached patch removes pg_dump dependency on postgres.h. The main reason
> for that was discussed there:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2007-10/msg01261.php
>
> This fix contains several steps:
>
> 1) I removed sugar word from postgres.h and put them closer to consumer
> :-). I created include/catalog/genbki.h which contains sugar words - macros
> for correct catalog data processing. All catalogs file now include this
> header.

What's the point of this? I don't see what difference it makes from the
current situation. In particular I don't see it being included in any
new place.

The other two changes seem to be what was discussed:

--
Alvaro Herrera http://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/5ZYLFMCVHXC
One man's impedance mismatch is another man's layer of abstraction.