Re: First mention option for Postgres

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: First mention option for Postgres
Date: 2007-10-26 20:32:40
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-docs

On Fri, Oct 26, 2007 at 01:25:09PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> PostgreSQL hereafter referred to as Postgres

> I propose that we could have the FAQ and the Docs do the same thing.
> The very first mention in these documents will same something to the

I think there's nothing wrong with doing it in the FAQ. It's
consistent with what the FAQ already says, and in any case it's what
people have been doing informally for years. As I've suggested
before (and as others have), I think doing it in formal documentation
and such like without a longer-term plan for communications is a bad
idea. But I will cheerfully shut up about it no matter what is
decided, especially since I'm not doing any of the work.

The very definition of "news" is "something that hardly ever happens."
--Bruce Schneier