Re: FAQ corrections

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Ian Barwick <barwick(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: FAQ corrections
Date: 2007-10-16 22:02:53
Lists: pgsql-docs

On Tuesday 16 October 2007 15:46, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Robert Treat wrote:
> > On Friday 12 October 2007 14:04, Ian Barwick wrote:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > attached some minor corrections, mainly completion of removal of
> > > the "relation with OID ##### does not exist" item, and some URL
> > > corrections.
> >
> > I'm curious why this was removed. We still get this question a bit on irc
> > and there aren't any more appropriate answers for any released version
> > than what the FAQ contained...
>
> The FAQ will match the release it goes with or we could just delay its
> removal until after 8.3 is in major circulation and say it only applies
> to pre-8.3.

I think it should remain, with an addition that this problem should be
resolved as of PostgreSQL 8.3. Hard to say exactly when, but I would think
it would be at least untill 8.3 is released, and probably better would be 6
months or so later, when (hopefully) people stop asking about this. IMHO.

--
Robert Treat