Re: Information about creating a European non-profit organisation for PostgreSQL in Italy

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Gabriele Bartolini <gabriele(dot)bartolini(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgeu-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Information about creating a European non-profit organisation for PostgreSQL in Italy
Date: 2007-10-10 17:38:40
Lists: pgeu-general

On Wed, 10 Oct 2007 15:44:58 +0200
Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net> wrote:

> > Please let me know if you want me to go any further.
>
> I would say yes, please do that.
>
> I don't particularly care *where* a group is registered, as long as:
> *) It's somewhere in the euro zone
> *) We have a solid local representation there
> *) It is possible to have people in responsible positions in it that
> are europeans, not just <local country> (in this case italian)

It may also make sense to have people from the US and possibly Japan as
part of the Non-Profit. Allowing for greater collaboration between the
three largest communities.

Joshua D. Drake

> > The Italian one will be valid from a jurisdictional point of
> > view, whereas the English one (and lcoalised versions too) would be
> > good for transparency issues.
>
> No way to keep the official one in English? That would keep things
> easier, since the need for a professional translator would be less in
> that case. Is it a rule or a preference?

Agreed, almost anyone can read and write english. The same can not be
true for other languages. I would kindly point out that most english as
a second language people I know, read and write english better than I
do ;)

Joshua D. Drake

Sales/Support: +1.503.667.4564 24x7/Emergency: +1.800.492.2240
PostgreSQL solutions since 1997 http://www.commandprompt.com/
UNIQUE NOT NULL