BUG #3590: Error while in Plpgsql :

From: "Abdus Samad Ansari" <abdus(dot)samad(dot)ansari(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: BUG #3590: Error while in Plpgsql :
Date: 2007-08-31 09:23:14
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Bug reference: 3590
Logged by: Abdus Samad Ansari
Email address: abdus(dot)samad(dot)ansari(at)gmail(dot)com
PostgreSQL version: 7.4.2.
Operating system: Fedora 2 Linux
Details:

I am using a plpgsql function and in this I am issuing a insert as :
Insert into pis.hrt_emp_leave_bin
(emp_no,leave_cd,curr_dt,bin_sl_no,cal_yr,tran_typ,open_bal,ytd_availed,avai
led) values (EmployeeNumber, LeaveCode, CurrentDate,
Bin_Serial_No,to_number(to_char(CurrentDate,''YYYY''),''9999''),''CM'',
OpenBal,YtdAvailed+LeaveVal,LeaveVal);

This insert statement while run give an error message :
ERROR: syntax error at or near "$1" at character 35

The problem is with the column named "availed", while I renamed the column
availed as "availd", the same statement works fine.

I could not understand this, whether the word availed is a reserve word for
plpgsql? or something else?

Thanks in advance.

Abdus Samad Ansari