Re: Ohio Linuxfest Booth / Swag?

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Josh Williams <joshwilliams(at)ij(dot)net>, Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Ohio Linuxfest Booth / Swag?
Date: 2007-08-31 01:41:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Thursday 30 August 2007 20:06, Josh Williams wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-08-20 at 18:47 -0400, Chris Browne wrote:
> > There's some chance that there may not be an explicit PostgreSQL
> > booth, but even if there isn't, I know I'll have a decent place to
> > deploy swag via LUG resources :-).
>
> Actually we do have one now. Ohio LinuxFest just now called to confirm,
> so we'll at least have a .org booth. (Just in case, any desire to up
> that level to something else?)

Does bumping up a level get us anything? One thing that would be nice is
power in the booth, any chance we get that?

> Don't mean to step on your toes, Bill, if you were trying to organize.
> I dropped a quick request in a little bit back just to make sure we were
> covered. :)
>
> We'll be one of only a few software projects there this year,
> interestingly enough, and among those possibly the only one under the
> BSD license. Evidently most of the other requests have been from user
> groups, at least so far...

The next step is getting a mailing address, so we can ship some swag. I'd
think we'd want to get some flyers, cds, and maybe some pins? I think I can
arrange for a couple books. Anything else we can spare?

--
Robert Treat