Re: Postgresql 8.2 connection problem on static ip

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgresql 8.2 connection problem on static ip
Date: 2007-05-31 17:03:09
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 12:57:00AM +0800, Siva wrote:
> having static ip, i want to access the postgres from outside of my
> office without using any router portforwading, how to configure
> like this,

Can you connect to the box at all? I think I have heard that XP has
some magic firewall thing it runs automatically to try to prevent
many kinds of connection, in a (possibly futile) effort to make the
OS safe to use on the Internet.

In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
--Brad Holland