Re: createdb.exe prompting for password on Vista

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: createdb.exe prompting for password on Vista
Date: 2007-05-28 20:00:46
Lists: pgsql-general

On Mon, May 28, 2007 at 09:13:20PM +0200, Greg Quinn wrote:
> I'm thinking the best way to get around it is change the auth option to
> trust in my installer, create the database, and then automatically set the
> auth option back to "md5". Not the most elegant solution but it will work
> for now.

You could perhaps set up a .pgpass just for you at the beginning as
well; but in general, yes, if you have to rely on someone else
managing the permissions to the back end, then you also have to be
able to cope with the authentication mechanisms.

The fact that technology doesn't work is no bar to success in the marketplace.
--Philip Greenspun