Re: Vacuum non-clustered tables only

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Glen Parker <glenebob(at)nwlink(dot)com>
Cc: Postgres General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Vacuum non-clustered tables only
Date: 2007-05-17 03:02:55
Lists: pgsql-general

On Wed, May 16, 2007 at 03:40:27PM -0700, Glen Parker wrote:
> I think I know the answer to this, but...
>
> Is there a semi-easy way vacuum all tables in a database *except* those
> that are clustered?

You could query for tables that aren't clustered and use that to build a
list of VACUUM commands, but a better question is... why? If you create
dead tuples in a CLUSTERed table you still need to vacuum it
eventually... or do you just cluster the database often enough that it
doesn't matter?
--
Jim Nasby decibel(at)decibel(dot)org