Re: Not ready for 8.3

From: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Not ready for 8.3
Date: 2007-05-15 22:58:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 12:42:28PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > > Patch status:
> > >
> > > http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Todo:PatchStatus
> >
> > If... this is actually a problem (I leave to other committers and
> > reviewers to comment) then I suggest we push all patches without a
> > reviewer as of now to 8.4.
> >
> > Leaving only those patches that have confirmed reviewers to be worked
> > through.
> >
> > FYI, whoever did that Todo:Patch status, Bravo! That is easily one of
> > the smallest but best improvements to the process I have seen in recent
> > memory.
>
> I did one of those for previous releases. I guess you forgot. It was
> done by someone else this time only because I was going to be traveling.

Unless you're really in love with doing that sort of thing it's really
good that someone else did it. You're one of a handful of folks that can
actually review patches, while there's any number of us that can update
a wiki.

Speaking of reviewers... should we put some thought into how we can
increase the number of people who can review code? It seems that's one
of our biggest bottlenecks...
--
Jim Nasby decibel(at)decibel(dot)org