Re: Hacking on PostgreSQL via GIT

From: Aidan Van Dyk <aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Martin Langhoff <martin(at)catalyst(dot)net(dot)nz>, "Florian G(dot) Pflug" <fgp(at)phlo(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Hacking on PostgreSQL via GIT
Date: 2007-04-18 10:56:17
Lists: pgsql-hackers

* Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us> [070418 01:33]:

> Um ... why do either of you feel there's an issue there?
>
> We switched over to $PostgreSQL$ a few years ago specifically to avoid
> creating merge problems for downstream repositories. If there are any
> other keyword expansions left in the source text I'd vote to remove
> them. If you have a problem with $PostgreSQL$, why?

Mine is only a generic warning. I convert many CVS repos to GIT, all
using the same gateway setup, so I haven't done anything "specific" for
PostgreSQL. Most other projects are not as diciplined as PostgreSQL,
and I regularly see Modified, Date, Id, Log, etc keywords, as well as
project specific ones like PostgreSQL, OpenBSD, FreeBSD, etc...

Un-expansion *may* not be perfect...

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk Create like a god,
aidan(at)highrise(dot)ca command like a king,