Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: out of shared memory

From: "Sorin N(dot) Ciolofan" <ciolofan(at)ics(dot)forth(dot)gr>
To: "'Tom Lane'" <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] ERROR: out of shared memory
Date: 2007-03-27 13:13:42
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-general pgsql-performance

Dear Mr. Tom Lane,

Thank you very much for your answer.
It seems that the legacy application creates tables dynamically and the
number of the created tables depends on the size of the input of the
application. For the specific input which generated that error I've
estimated a number of created tables of about 4000.
Could be this the problem?

With best regards,
Sorin