Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp major release 8.3.0,

From: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan(at)kaltenbrunner(dot)cc>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Stamp major release 8.3.0,
Date: 2007-01-11 23:42:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jan 11, 2007 at 01:15:56PM +0100, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> Can't comment on that one, since I just noticed it existed. How similar
> was this one to the "standard regression tests"? Those were moved into a
> C executable so they'd run on a Windows system without a shell, could
> the same be done relatively easilyi with this one?

> (Obviously we can't run the ecpg regression tests on msvc builds now -
> oops, didn't know those had their own script)

The ecpg regression tests came in when you started to rewrite the old
regression script. Actually we exchanged some e-mails about this topic at
that time :-)

To get ecpg regression tests on msvc we could either convert the script to
a .c file as well or think about a general regression test library that
could be used by contrib or pgfoundry modules as well. Does anybody have
pointers to the archives on this topic?

Joachim