Re: postgres kerberos how to

From: Stephen Frost <sfrost(at)snowman(dot)net>
To: Derrick <dstensrud(at)worleyco(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgres kerberos how to
Date: 2006-12-20 01:54:36
Lists: pgsql-general

* Derrick (dstensrud(at)worleyco(dot)com) wrote:
> I was wondering if anyone out there could point me in the right
> direction. I'm looking for a decent how to on using postgresql's built
> in kerberos support to authenticate against windows 2003 active
> directory. I was trying to use pam_ldap, but had to give up and decide
> on using kerberos instead. Any help what so ever is much appreciated.
> Thanks.

If you're willing to use a pam-based solution it might be easier/simpler
to set up libpam-krb5 to talk to AD (which I believe there's a fair bit
of documentation for) and then have PG use PAM. Otherwise, it depends
on what your client is, exactly, as to the difficulty getting the
built-in kerberos support interacting correctly with AD.

Thanks,

Stephen