Re: [CORE] SPF Record ...

From: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Dan Langille" <dan(at)langille(dot)org>, "Dave Page" <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [CORE] SPF Record ...
Date: 2006-11-19 08:18:09
Lists: pgsql-www

Dan Langille wrote:
> These are inaccurate conclusions. SPF information helps to draw a
> conclusion. Consider it a points system. Get so many points for a
> might be, none for a definitely. Get enough points, you're spam.
> SPF is most wisely used in conjunction with other information to
> reach a conclusion.

The whole thing is evil technology, as I have previously pointed out,
which is a reason to boycott it. I regularly get my email blocked by
other community members because of it.

But the application you are describing here is equally stupid. You are
saying that even though it is -- per SPF record -- OK to send
@postgresql.org via other hosts, you get penalized in your scoring
system for doing so. So in spite of *no* indication that some email is
spam, you are (partially) rejecting it. What sense does that make?

--
Peter Eisentraut