Re: postgresql books and convertion utilities

From: Richard Broersma Jr <rabroersma(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Albe Laurenz <all(at)adv(dot)magwien(dot)gv(dot)at>, Alexander Staubo *EXTERN* <alex(at)purefiction(dot)net>, Ganbold <ganbold(at)micom(dot)mng(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: postgresql books and convertion utilities
Date: 2006-10-30 12:55:03
Lists: pgsql-general

> Alexander Staubo wrote:
> >> Which one is worth from following books?
> >>
> >> 1. PostgreSQL (2nd Edition) by Korry Douglas (Paperback - Jul 26,
> >> 2005)
> >
> > This is a good book. As far as I know it's the most up-to-date
> > general-purpose PostgreSQL book.
>
> It covers up to 8.0.
> It's a little verbose, but I would agree that it is a decent book.

I would agree with all of the above comment. I will add that it was missing a discussion on
Postgresql's Rule system. But if you are interested in connecting to postgresql using one of the
many Postgresql protocols it is a very good book to use.

Here is a link that corrects some typos in the book:

http://www.samspublishing.com/content/images/0672327562/Errata/0672327562errata.pdf

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.