On DNS for postgresql.org

From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: On DNS for postgresql.org
Date: 2006-09-06 17:48:27
Lists: pgsql-www

I posted this to -general, but more clueful people suggested I should
truck myself over here. So here I am:

Now that the DNS is back (thanks!), I thought I'd ask why the ra bit
is set on the responses. Are those servers providing recursion to
the whole Net? (They seem to be.) If so, that's a Bad Thing.

If they don't do anything, we don't need their acronym.
--Josh Hamilton, on the US FEMA