Re: [CORE] Finally, the end of a nightmare ...

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-core(at)postgresql(dot)org, "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Jan Wieck <JanWieck(at)yahoo(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [CORE] Finally, the end of a nightmare ...
Date: 2006-09-06 17:30:19
Lists: pgsql-www

On Wed, 6 Sep 2006, Josh Berkus wrote:

> Marc,
>
>> I think we are covered for most everything *except* gborg at this time ;(
>> And we all know gborg needs to be merged into pgfoundry :)
>
> I'm still getting intermittent DNS failures for mail.postgresql.org.

'k, will investigate this one further ... one of the name servers
(ns3.hub.org) doesn't seem to be running for some reason, but the other 2
are all reporting fine, as are the two lerctr.org name servers :(

>> JoshB, do you know if pgfoundry is being duplicated over to that new
>> server in any way, just in case something does happen?
>
> Not on an active basis -- remember, there's the whole 32/64 bit thing. Let's
> re-rsync the files, and then set up some kind of daily DB copy.

pgfoundry.org has been 64bit since it was upgraded to FreeBSD 6.x way back
when ... I thought you knew that? :( We should setup *at least* a daily
rsync of the whole vServer so that there is an easy to access backup ...
DB needs to be moved into the vServer yet too, which will improve its
performance ... I will most likely look into that next week, once I get a
desk to work at again ...

----
Email . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org MSN . scrappy(at)hub(dot)org
Yahoo . yscrappy Skype: hub.org ICQ . 7615664