Re: Ding-dong, contrib is dead ...

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: "Merlin Moncure" <mmoncure(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Ding-dong, contrib is dead ...
Date: 2006-09-05 19:10:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Merlin,

> > > The current code is GPL. It *has* to be removed.
> >
> > Which is why Abhijit's version exists - it's intended to be a drop-in,
> > BSD-licensed replacement for the current code.
>
> does his patch include documentation? I can help with that if it isn't
> done. was it reviewed?

No, and no. It's unfortunately too late for Abhijit's patch to make it
into 8.2; it was't submitted until last week, I believe.

So userlocks will be in pgFoundry for the next rev -- frankly, it should
have been for 8.1 but I forgot it. For the 8.3 version, as Tom has
indicated we may want to change the API somewhat anyway, so we'll want the
pgFoundry version for backwards-compat.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus