Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta

From: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
To: bruce(at)momjian(dot)us
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, David Fetter <david(at)fetter(dot)org>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Subject: Re: Getting a move on for 8.2 beta
Date: 2006-09-03 19:40:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

bruce wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us> writes:
> >
> > > Peter asked why it was done, a good answer was given, and Peter did not
> > > reply.
> >
> > Au contraire, he's reiterated since then that he didn't like it.
>
> The thread order was: patch, Peter comments, submitter gives reasons,
> patch put in the queue, Peter comments again, I reply that the change is
> not just "refactoring" but is needed based on submitters comments, and
> no reply from Peter:
>
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-patches/2006-08/msg00334.php
>
> Without a reply from Peter, I have to assume the patch is valid.

This is also an interesting example for a tracker. If we had one, all
discussion on the patch would be in one place, but I am thinking that
would require all posting to happen in a browser, or somehow have emails
tagged to attach to each item. Is that something that can happen
easily? I don't know. Would the repost of a patch be attached to the
original submission?

--
Bruce Momjian bruce(at)momjian(dot)us