Re: BugTracker (Was: Re: 8.2 features status)

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>, Marko Kreen <markokr(at)gmail(dot)com>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Subject: Re: BugTracker (Was: Re: 8.2 features status)
Date: 2006-08-22 18:32:06
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Andrew,

> Why are we even dabating a system when it has been reported that the
> authors believe it is completely unsuitable for use by the PostgreSQL
> project?

Not *completely*. More that it would take a couple dozen hours of work to
make it good for us, and the resulting version then couldn't be synched
with the Debian version.

Mind you, it would take an equal amount of time to add an e-mail-comment
interface to Bugzilla, but BZ would then probably accept the patch.

--
--Josh

Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun