Re: Maia Mailgard down?

From: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Maia Mailgard down?
Date: 2006-08-09 00:58:03
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, 8 Aug 2006, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Because all my momjian(at)postgresql(dot)org email is forwarded to
> bruce(at)momjian(dot)us, I don't have any way of training the spam filter. Is
> there a way I can use a global one?

MAIA is *before* your mailbox, so, before the filtering ... the mail
system essentially goes:

smtpd -> greylist -> maia -> mailbox -> local store
or
-> forward

so, you can still train the system, just login, go to Settings and set
your appropriate settings so that it Quarantines stuff, and then train
away ...

The nice thing about the system is that it doesn't just train/report to
the Bayes database, but it reports it to Razor2, Spamcop and Pyzor as
well, but, it does it in the background ... the interface just allows you
to confirm an email as spam, and a cron job then runs to actually do the
appropriate processing of the email(s) ...

any non-spam that you 'release' is, of course, released instantly back
into the system ...

there are a few things planned for v1.0.2 that will be nice ... like the
ability to just auto-discard anything that scores over X (if someone sends
me an email taht scores over, say, 20, chances are it isn't something I
want to read or ever really see) ...

----