Re: ecpg test suite

From: Joachim Wieland <joe(at)mcknight(dot)de>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Michael Meskes <meskes(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Rocco Altier <RoccoA(at)Routescape(dot)com>, PostgreSQL Hacker <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: ecpg test suite
Date: 2006-08-03 15:22:41
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 03, 2006 at 04:54:35PM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > diff: `-3' option is obsolete; omit it
> > diff: Try `diff --help' for more information.

> Strange, works well on my Linux system. However, I tried correcting the
> option but I'm unsure if it works for you now since both versions worked
> for me.

This got introduced by Rocco's Makefile patch, it worked for me, so I
thought it's fine. Rocco, your AIX box will work with only diff -c as well,
won't it?

> > > [NO_PID]: connect: could not open database connectdb on localhost port 55432 for user connectuser in line 41
> > > could not connect to server: Connection refused
> > > Is the server running on host "localhost" and accepting
> > > TCP/IP connections on port 55432?

> > That's not the port the temp postmaster is listening on; I suspect
> > you've got some hard-wired assumption in there that the user hasn't
> > specified a nonstandard --port option to configure.

> > I find it disturbing that the regression test script doesn't mention having
> > shut down the temp postmaster, too.

> No idea. Joachim?

Yes, it's hardcoded but in just one file. Only one of the connect-Tests does
tcp/ip connects. This can't be changed by a simple #define nor exec sql
define, so I added a template file and replaced the port number with sed.

Michael, in a few minutes I'll send you a patch that fixes all of Tom's
suggestions (however you might have done parts of it already by yourself,
like the diff options and the warnings...).

Joachim

--
Joachim Wieland joe(at)mcknight(dot)de
GPG key available