Re: usage of option ByteaAsLongVarBinary?

From: Ludek Finstrle <luf(at)pzkagis(dot)cz>
To: "Nardmann, Heiko" <heiko(dot)nardmann(at)secunet(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: usage of option ByteaAsLongVarBinary?
Date: 2006-08-01 10:05:14
Lists: pgsql-odbc

> am not sure how to set this. I have thought that this would be possible by
> setting "ByteaAsLongVarBinary=1" inside of the odbc.ini. But without luck.

Yes. This is the right way. Do you have it at the right place in
odbc.ini?

> Once again I had a look at the sources - then I did not find any other way to
> set it than setting it via the specified Windows GUI. Since I do use Linux

I see this way (function calls):
PGAPI_DriverConnect
dconn_get_connect_attributes
dconn_get_attributes
copyAttributes

> what is my way to set it? Do I have to go via the ODBC HDBC handle? Any
> examples for this?

There is no such way.

It could be useful to try enable the mylog output (Debug = 1 in odbc.ini).
The mylog is placed in /tmp/mylog_*.log.

BTW could you send us the odbc.ini to check it?

Regards,

Luf